Digital marketing has been around for a long time, but it\’s only recently that companies have started to realize how important it is to their business. Today, digital advertising accounts for over 60% of the total advertising spend in the U.S., and we\’re seeing more and more brands shifting their focus away from traditional print media towards other platforms like social media and search engine optimization (SEO).
1. It\’s all about the customer
When it comes to digital marketing, you’re the customer. You have more choices than ever before and you demand more from your businesses than ever before. Customers have a voice—they use that voice to push back against bad experiences, ask questions about their experience with a company or product and even share negative feedback online if they feel that it was warranted. And all of this means that digital marketing is no longer just about reaching out directly to potential customers through email campaigns; it\’s also about engaging them at every stage of the buying cycle.
In short: Your customers are YOURS!
2. You have the data and analytics to back you up
You have the data and analytics to back you up.
A digital marketing campaign is made up of multiple channels, which means you can measure the success of your digital marketing campaign in real time. You’re also able to see what works and what doesn\’t work for your business, which allows you as a marketer to adjust accordingly.
You\’ll have access to metrics like:
- Number of visitors on each channel or website that are converting into leads or customers (or not converting at all)
- Number of visitors that are coming from different channels or websites and where they\’re located (geographically)
- Number of leads and customers generated across each channel
3. SEO leads to better quality leads
SEO is a way to get your business found by people who are already looking for you. It helps you find customers who are ready to buy, and it also helps you find customers who are ready to buy now.
The best way to use SEO is by creating content that will help your target audience find out more about what you do. The more information they have, the better chance they\’ll take an interest in buying from you!
4. Search engines reward the mobile-friendly
Mobile has become the new desktop, and we all know that the best websites are those that can be used on any device. So if your site looks good on a smartphone or tablet, you’ll get more traffic from those devices than from a laptop or desktop computer screen.
The Google algorithm also rewards website content over raster graphics (i.e., images). When designing your site\’s layout takes into consideration how easy it will be for users who aren\’t familiar with what they\’re looking at – whether they\’re using a traditional PC monitor vs mobile phone screen size etc…
5. Social media marketing is more important than ever
You can use social media to connect with customers and potential customers, promote your brand, get customer feedback and so much more. The key to success is using the right strategy for each platform in order to reach the right audience at the right time.
But what if you’re new to social media? How do you know where to start? You can check out our Blog about building your brand on Instagram here.
6. Content is still king
While the rise of digital marketing has made content king in many areas, there are still plenty of places where it reigns supreme.
- Content is king when it comes to SEO: There’s no doubt that Google has been one of the biggest forces behind this shift in how people find information online. The company now ranks pages based on what they have written, If you have a lot of great articles and pages on your website, those will rank higher than other similar websites with fewer articles or none at all. This can be good news for small businesses who want their pages linked back to them by search engines like Google and Bing.
- Content is king when it comes from customer service representatives: As we mentioned earlier, content marketing isn\’t just about writing articles anymore; today\’s best practices include using images instead of text so users can see how something looks before buying something online.
7. Inbound marketing saves money while boosting revenue
Inbound marketing is a cost-effective way to promote your business. It costs less than traditional outbound marketing, which means you can spend more money on increasing the quality of your content and building relationships with potential customers.
The time spent researching what people are searching for is also reduced because it’s not necessary for inbound marketers to do anything but focus on creating high-quality content that will attract visitors from search engines like Google. This makes it easier for them to understand what types of topics they should write about so they don\’t waste time doing irrelevant research or writing things that aren\’t relevant at all!
Digital marketing is a powerful tool, especially in today\’s world where so many people have access to the Internet. It can help you reach more customers, get them to interact with your brand, and create an overall better experience for all parties involved. If you\’re looking for a digital marketing agency or just want some tips on how best practices apply today, contact us! We would love to help make it happen!